Planning your first trip to Japan should be exciting — but it can get overwhelming pretty quickly.
Tokyo or Kyoto first? How many days do you need? Which trains should you take? Where should you stay? Do you need a Suica card? What should you book before arriving?
If you've found yourself with 30 browser tabs open trying to figure everything out, you're definitely not alone.
That's exactly why I created the Farside Japan Starter Guide.
A Simple Starting Point for Your First Japan Trip
I'm Bunga, the founder of Farside Japan, and I've spent years living in Japan, exploring the country and helping travelers experience it for themselves.
One thing I've learned is that planning Japan doesn't need to be complicated.
You don't need to plan every minute of every day.
You need a good foundation.
The Free Japan Starter Guide is designed to give first-time visitors that foundation and help you start planning your trip with confidence.
Instead of endlessly scrolling through TikTok, YouTube, Reddit and Google trying to piece together hundreds of different recommendations, start with the basics and build your trip from there.
Who Is the Japan Starter Guide For?
I created this guide especially for travelers who are:
• Visiting Japan for the first time
• Not sure where to begin planning
• Overwhelmed by all the information online
• Looking for practical advice from someone who actually lives in Japan
• Ready to spend less time planning and more time looking forward to the trip
Whether you're planning Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hakone or the classic Japan Golden Route, the goal is simple:
Help you get started.
Japan Is Easier Than It Looks
Japan can look intimidating when you're planning from overseas.
There are huge train stations, multiple railway companies, different neighborhoods, unfamiliar food and thousands of things you could potentially see.
But once you understand how everything fits together, Japan is surprisingly easy to explore.
That's what I want to help you do.
Start with the essentials.
Build a realistic route.
Leave yourself room to explore.
Because some of the best experiences in Japan aren't the ones you bookmarked six months before your trip.
They're the things you discover once you're here.
Download the Free Japan Starter Guide
If you're planning your first trip to Japan, start here.
👉 DOWNLOAD THE FREE JAPAN STARTER GUIDE
It's completely free and designed to help you take that first step toward planning your Japan adventure.
And this blog is just getting started.
I'll be sharing practical Japan travel advice, itineraries, transportation tips, food recommendations, hidden gems and things I've learned from actually living and guiding here in Japan.
So stick around.
Stop planning Japan. Start experiencing it.
— Bunga
Farside Japan
Japan Trip Planning FAQs
Is Japan difficult for first-time visitors?
Japan can seem complicated before you arrive, particularly when looking at transportation and large cities like Tokyo. Once you understand the basics, however, getting around becomes much easier.
How many days should I spend in Japan for my first trip?
There isn't one perfect answer. Your ideal trip length depends on where you want to go and how quickly you like to travel.
We'll be covering sample Japan itineraries and different trip lengths here on the Farside Japan Travel Guide.
What are the best places to visit on a first trip to Japan?
Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto and Osaka form a popular route for first-time travelers and are a great starting point when building a Japan itinerary.
Where should I start when planning a Japan trip?
Start with your overall route before trying to plan individual restaurants and attractions.
Decide how long you'll be in Japan, choose the major destinations you want to visit, and then build your daily plans around them.
The Farside Japan Starter Guide was created to help you begin that process.

No comments:
Post a Comment